Monday, December 5, 2011

The art of putting your toddler to sleep

So, at least once a week - Daniel falls asleep while putting Izz in bed. After our bedtime ritual (teeth brushing, cuddling, etc) He will read her stories, then say our collective goodnights to all our relatives, then he'll sit in the chair while she lies in bed. The idea is to sit there for 5 minutes and leave her to fall asleep on her own.

well...

That's how it's supposed to work.

At least once a week my amazing husband will fall asleep before Izz does. I know this because all of a sudden I hear snoring (really really loud snoring) eminating from Izz's bedroom. He snores so loudly that it keeps her up. So, I have to go in there and wake him up.. which disturbs the whole process. So, he starts again - 5 minutes of sitting there -- and he falls asleep AGAIN. This can go on for an hour until I kick him out of the room, which make Izz cry.. so, I sit there for 5 minutes - but, it's not the same thing.

I would be angry and frustrated - but, it's so damn cute and totally hilarious.

I read to her tonight, tucked her in, sat for 5 minutes -- and I'm out writing this blog while she falls asleep on her own. But, I have to tell you - I wouldn't trade those nights when I hear loud snoring coming from her room for anything. They remind me of how active a participant my husband is in our child's rearing and how adorable he can be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment