Monday, September 12, 2011

When did my 2 year old turn into a 2 year old?

I don't know if it's because she's more tired at pre-school or because she hates pre-school and blames me or just because she's finally figured out that she's supposed to give us a hard time because she's 2.

Tonight was the second night of huge upset over one of our bedtime rituals. Two nights ago it was because she wanted to stay sitting on the potty... 20 minutes of this (not kidding) later, I finally said ENOUGH.. and tried everything in the book to move to the next part of bedtime. If she had her way.. bedtime would have lasted 3 hours.

Tonight it involved putting on a diaper/pull up after bath time. HUGE meltdown. I attribute this one to being exhausted... but, man.. she gave me the run around. I tried EVERY parenting trick, discipline tactic.. and even a time out (1 minute long) -- and in the end.. I had to force her to put them on. Her meltdown turned into my meltdown. Not my finest hour.

Daniel had all kinds of advice at the end -- I put up my hand and said No. Because really, do you want your spouse to give you advice on what they would have done after you've gone through something like that? NOOOO..... you just want to curl up in a corner and hope tomorrow comes quickly. Maybe tomorrow night he should try bedtime. Of course, tomorrow will be the night she's amazing... or maybe I WAS right -- and she blames me because I'm the one that drops her off at pre-school -- and she really does have it in for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment