Thursday, June 2, 2011

You Call This Balance?!?!

My sister-in-law Laura and I have been exchanging emails recently.  She's in the same boat I am -- she works, full time, and really likes her job.   Yet, she's pulled in so many directions.  Home with her daughter, work with her clients, friends, social activism, alone time -- the experts call this BALANCE.  I call this FREE FALL!

So, I thought I'd start to post... clear my head.. get things down on paper screen the cybercloud.



The little girl above is my two year old Izzie. She's why I feel conflicted most of the time.  If it weren't for her, I would be fully invested in my career... if it weren't for her, I would be happy just being a Theatre Producer/Director.  If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have actually considered the virtues of staying home (although, that's impossible for us financially). I wouldn't get anxiety attacks about the news and what I'm leaving for her in the future.  I wouldn't want to be better than I am. 

Basically, she's the reason I sometimes feel like I'm in a free fall and I  have no idea where I'm we are going to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment